Five jobs available in and around Letchworth including warehouse work, forklift truck roles and 100s more opportunites right now
By Layth Yousif
11th Feb 2024 | Local News
Five jobs available in and around Letchworth right now
Here is a list of job opportunities that are currently available in and around Letchworth - brought to you by our dedicated sponsor Crossroads Care
You can view more opportunities on Crossroads Care dedicated jobs page.
And if your business is hiring, why not place an advertisement on our jobs page? Click here to find out more.
Advertise your job for just £75 + VAT
You get a job post, an article, social media promotion and inclusion in our newsletter.
Have you seen our revamped Jobs Section
Exciting news for local job seekers and businesses as Letchworth Nub News announces the launch of its brand-new Jobs Section.
Connecting our readers with the latest opportunities in the town, our new platform is set to become the go-to destination for jobs available in Letchworth.
Not only will job seekers be able to find their dream role, but we have also made it easier for local companies to advertise their vacancies directly to local people.
At Letchworth Nub News everything we do is about supporting the local community and businesses. So, all the vacancies on our new-look jobs page are local to our town.
And with our thousands of weekly readers all local to Letchworth, Nub News' Jobs Section is also the perfect place for businesses to connect with a broad and engaged local audience.
So, whether you're an employer looking to hire, or a job seeker eager to take the next career step, our revamped Jobs Section caters to your unique needs.
Five jobs available in and around Letchworth right now
Letchworth Nub News Job of the Week: PCB Assembler at DSL - find out more about this role here and/or below:
Main purpose and scope of primary role:
This role is key to achieving DSL's ongoing manufacturing and production of electronic PCB assemblies and subsequent sub-assemblies. It will predominantly involve through-hole PCB assembly/soldering to IPC-A-610 Class 2 and 3 standards but also to have ongoing involvement in inspection, test, rework and assembly as required.
9:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Friday (hours may be negotiable)
Wayne Brister (Production Manager)
Duties and key responsibilities of primary role:
Through-hole PCB component assembly:
· Utilize your expertise and experience in assembling Printed Circuit Boards to a high standard
· Solder conventional components efficiently and accurately to IPC-A-610, class 2 and 3 standards
· Conduct thorough visual inspections to confirm relevant IPC-A-610 Class standard
· Check assembled circuit boards to ensure they are correctly assembled and meet established standards
· Test assembled circuit boards to ensure they are functioning correctly
· Maintain accurate records of circuit board assembly
· Repair or replace conventional or SMT components on defective Printed Circuit Boards
· Test reworked circuit boards to ensure they are functioning correctly
· Assemble electronic sub-assemblies with speed and accuracy
· Test sub-assembly, where applicable, to ensure it is functioning correctly
· Work within DSLs Quality and Environmental Management systems
· Work to a high standard
· Maintain a tidy work environment
PCB Assembler Requirements:
· Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
· Good soldering skills
· Good concentration and the ability to follow instructions accurately
· Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools
PCB Assembler Skills:
· Excellent Soldering Skills
· Ability to read and understand circuit board diagrams
· Ability to identify component parts and place them accurately
· Excellent hand-eye coordination
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to follow written instructions
Circuit Board Assembler Personal Traits:
· Attention to detail
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
· Good hand-eye coordination
· Ability to concentrate for long periods
· Manual dexterity
Position: Warehouse Operative, Letchworth
Pay: £10.42 per hour
Shifts: Monday - Friday - 8am - 5pm
Key Responsibilities: • Order Processing: Efficiently pick and pack orders for timely dispatch.
• Inventory Management: Assist in maintaining accurate stock levels.
• Quality Control: Ensure products meet quality standards before shipment.
• Team Collaboration: Work closely with colleagues to achieve team goals.
• Safety First: Adhere to safety protocols and maintain a clean working environment.
• Previous Experience: Warehouse experience is an advantage, but not essential.
• Reliability: Punctuality and commitment to regular working hours.
• Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
• Physical Fitness: Capability to handle the physical demands of the role.
• Attention to Detail: Ensure accuracy in order processing and inventory management.
Forklift Driver, Letchworth
Reach and/or Counterbalance
Location: Letchworth Garden City - SG6
Salary: £12.50 per hour
We are currently seeking an experienced and skilled Forklift Driver to join our team in Letchworth (postcode SG6). If you have a valid forklift license and are proficient in operating either reach truck or counterbalance forklifts, we want to hear from you
Customer Service, Letchworth
Up to £25,000 DOE
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with 6-12 months office/customer service experience who would like to progress and train to become a Scheduler.
Evri Delivery Driver
Join Us for an Exciting New Career in 2024 - Delivery Drivers Wanted!
Are you ready to turn the key on an exciting new chapter in 2024?
We have a fantastic opportunity for dedicated individuals to join our dynamic team as a delivery driver delivering parcels to local people in and around our Stevenage delivery area.
We are looking for committed individuals to work 6 days per week in the same local area delivering parcels with a personal touch, you can however choose to have a friend or family member step in for you when needed.
All you need is a car or van, and you're ready to kickstart your journey with us. Seize the chance to redefine your career path and experience the following fantastic benefits:
Earn between £12,124 - £18,594 per annum delivering parcels in and around the Stevenage area
Up to £150 New Starter Payment - to support you in your initial training period to help ease with the transition of your new career!
Enjoy additional bonuses, with the ability to claim back your expenses
Assistant Store Manager Opportunity Poundland Hitchin
Lead, inspire, and excel - creating amazing value everyday -
As an Assistant Store Manager, you are the vital link between the Store Manager and the store team.
You're assuming a pivotal role in shaping the experiences of both your team and the customers' journey within the community you serve.
Your day-to-day actions drive sales and allow you to use your creative flair when merchandising